Please fill in the following form to register for the event. Fields marked with * are mandatory. After submitting your registration, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail.
Deadline for registration: Thursday, 13 June 2019, 23:59:59 (CET)
Please read the instructions carefully before filling in the registration form:
- Make sure that your first and last names match exactly with the one printed in your current and valid Government issued photo ID. SECURITY WILL CHECK AND VERIFY SPECIAL EVENT PASSES WITH GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID PROVIDED BY THE PARTICIPANT AT SECURITY CHECKPOINTS BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPLEX AND AT ALL VENUES WITHIN THE UNHQ PREMISES.
- Do only enter your real name. No generic names are allowed.
- Do not use surnames or titles when entering name information in the name fields, i.e. Mr., Mrs. Professor, Dr., etc.
- Do not add columns and notes in the fields.
- Do not use commas, tabs or any other special characters in filling the form. The database accepts English characters only.
Data regarding your full name is required for entrance to the UN Headquarters. Please bring your current and valid Government issued photo ID for security check. You are kindly asked to come early and leave sufficient time for the registration process. Please note that no bags or pieces of luggage larger than handbags are allowed inside the venue.
By registering for the lecture, participants agree that their personal data will be used for the organization of the event only. The event will be photographed and filmed in order to broadcast the event live on the internet and later make it available as an online contribution on the UN Web TV channel http://webtv.un.org/.
The resulting recordings will be used free of charge and without commercial interests for the Academy’s information and public relations work, as well as of those of its cooperation partners: The Academy of Science of South Africa, the Brazilian Academy of Sciences, the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina, the U.S. National Academy of Medicine, and the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, The United Nations.
We assume that there is a public interest in the event and that the film recordings are particularly suitable for conveying the content and focus of the event for the purpose of public relations and reporting (GDPR Art. 6 (1) lit. e).
During the production of film recordings and the publication thereof, it is ensured that no legitimate interests of persons depicted are violated.
If the rights and freedoms of a person depicted should be violated for reasons particularly worthy of consideration, we will refrain from further processing by means of appropriate measures. A deletion on the website or in social media channels takes place within the scope of the technical possibilities.
German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina
D-06108 Halle (Saale)
Data Protection Officer